Hands-on math activities using five and ten frames. Teach one-to-one correspondence, counting, composing and decomposing numbers, and many early math concepts. Perfect for your preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten math centers, math work stations, and math tubs or at-home learning packets for preschoolers.
Versatile and Easily Differentiated! Use for independent and small group activities. Aligned and easily differentiated early math concept activities.
Use for Many Themes! I have many thematic ten frame activities in my store. Here is one that can be used all year long. Just add thematic counters!
Teach the following:
- numeral recognition / number recognition
- one-to-one correspondence
- composing and decomposing numbers
The set includes the following:
- Printable five frame game boards
- Printable ten frame game boards
- 2 styles of printable counters
- 2 different spinners
- 1-20 number cards
- 1-20 ten frame cards are included
- Directions and ideas for 15 different activities.
What can your students do with this activity set?
- Fill the frame games reinforce concepts of one-to-one recognition, counting, simple addition, and simple subtraction.
- Ten frames and number cards can be used as play dough mats and a kinesthetic approach to learning numbers and counting.
- Double-sided counters can be poured out of a cup and placed on the frames as a hands-on method to teach and reinforce number composition and basic addition.
- Five and ten frames and two different colors of counters also can be used to work on the concept of decomposing the number 5 and the number 10.
- Reinforce numeral recognition and counting skills with matching games.
- Introduce fine motor practice with a post office/envelope matching game with the ten frames and numeral cards.
- Children can practice number matching, subitizing, and simple plus one or plus two addition with dice matching games
This ten frame activity is great for math centers or small group work. You can create busy bag activities, file folder games, or add to take-home bags. Printable counters are included, but you can use counting bears/manipulatives, erasers, little people, interlocking block figures. Have fun and use counters that work with your thematic unit or with the interests of your kids