Take your pets unit to the next level by transforming your dramatic play center into an animal shelter. Use these pretend play printables to teach your kids about the importance of animal shelters in our community in a developmentally appropriate, play-based way.
USE FOR THE FOLLOWING THEMES:
- Pets Theme
- Animals Theme
- Community or Community Helper Theme
THE FOLLOWING PRINTABLES ARE INCLUDED:
- Printable bunting (full color and b & w options)
- Printable logos to use on uniforms, etc.
- Role name tags
- Role description pages (can be made into an animal shelter book)
- Large word cards (match the early childhood word wall cards)
- Small word cards
- Animal tags for collars (full-color logo and blank b & w)
- Animal name cards
- Animal posters
- Dog food and cat food labels (full color and b&w)
- Medicine labels (full color and b & w)
- Shampoo labels (full color and b & w)
- Adoption interest forms
- Animal intake forms
- Open and closed signs
- Hours sign
- Donation signs
- Play area sign
- Employee and volunteer schedules
- Adoption certificates
- Plus...ideas for materials and props to add to your animal shelter center
Your students will have so much fun with this set!
EARLY LITERACY LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Kids can fill out an animal intake form for each new animal in the shelter.
- Adoptive pet parents can fill out an interest form to indicate which animal they want to adopt.
- Kids can complete an adoption certificate.
- Kids can make collars for the animals (this is also a great fine motor activity!)
- Kids can make name cards for each animal's cage or bed.
- Kids can make posters for each animal to hang around the room.
- Word cards can be used in your writing center
- Easy-to-read printable signs can be used throughout the dramatic play center