Transform your dramatic play area into an entomology lab. Perfect for your insects and bugs theme. Your little scientists can learn science, math, and literacy through play-based dramatic play.
**I USED AN EASY TO READ FONTS ON ALL OF THE PRINTABLES!**
USE WITH THE FOLLOWING THEMES:
- bugs and insects theme
- camping theme
- spring theme
- garden theme
THE FOLLOWING PRINTABLES ARE INCLUDED:
- Printable bunting (full color and b & w options)
- Printable logos for uniforms, etc.
- name tags/id cards
- Large word cards
- Small word cards/labels
- Open and closed signs
- Hours sign
- Lab schedules
- Station signs
- Measuring strips
- Sorting and graphing mats
- Insect photographs
- Parts of an insect diagrams
- Insect collection kit labels
- Design a habitat sheets
- Design a bug sheets
- Observation sheets
- Insect report sheets
- An Entomologist printable book - introduce the term entomologist to your kids.
- Bee, ladybug, monarch life cycle charts
- Plus...ideas for materials and props to add to your animal shelter center
Your students will have so much fun with this set!
EARLY LITERACY LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Fill out schedules
- Record data and observations
- Design bugs and habitats
- Read a book about entomologists
- Word cards can be used in the writing center and throughout the center
MATH LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Measure insects with a measuring strip
- Weigh insects
- Sorting and graphing mats provide open-ended sorting opportunities
SCIENCE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- Learn about entomologist
- Learn the parts of an insect
- Learn the life cycle of butterflies, ladybugs, and bees
WHAT ARE TEACHERS SAYING ABOUT THIS RESOURCE?
"Incorporates science, math and literacy into the dramatic play area. Fun and original. My preschoolers love being entomologists!"
"My little learners loved it!"
"This worked amazing for my Dramatic Play Center for our last Bug theme! I received lots of good feedback from other teachers, my boss, the kids, and my boss' boss"
"I enjoyed using this station to introduce new vocabulary, and as a plus, it allowed for the chance to use math skills such as weight and length."