These versatile number activities and hands-on counting activities will help you build number sense and numeracy skills in your preschool, pre-k, prep, and kindergarten classroom and at-home learning. Multi-sensory and easily differentiated!
THE HANDS-ON ACTIVITY MATS WILL HELP KIDS WITH:
- counting 1-10 or 1-20
- recognize numbers
- writing numbers
- constructing and deconstructing numbers.
Perfect as an independent or small group activity in your math learning center.
THE RESOURCE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- math mats for numbers 1-20
- 20 finger counting cards
- 20 ten frame cards (small counters can be used in place of these cards)
- 20 counting cube cards (actual counting cubes can be used in place of these cards)
EACH MAT CONTAINS 5 SECTIONS WITH OPPORTUNITIES TO EXPLORE NUMBERS THROUGH:
- finger tracing
- using playdough or waxed yarn
- writing practice,
- finger counting and subitizing
- counting and constructing numbers using ten frames
- counting and constructing numbers using counting cubes or blocks.
Want to see a video preview?? SEE IT HERE!
What are teachers saying about this resource?
"Kids loved these. Really got them thinking about each number."
"This is one of the best quantities to 10 activities I've seen so far! "
"My class loved these. They ask for them everyday now."
"This has been PERFECT for one of my struggling students. I needed something that was multi-sensory to help him visualize the numbers. He loved working with these mats and even asks me to use them during free time. It has helped improve his number sense and number writing so much. Thanks!