These rhyming activity flipbooks will help you teach rhyming, beginning sounds, CVC words, phoneme segmentation, and blending. The books are a perfect addition to your literacy centers in preschool, pre-k, prep, kindergarten, RTI, and SPED.
*Please note that this is a digital product. You will be able to download the ZIP file with the PDF documents upon your purchase. Nothing will be shipped to you. Due to the nature of digital downloads, your purchase is not refundable.
This set contains 17 CVC rhyming flipbooks for the following word families:
Each book contains the following pages:
- Cover page - with word family identification and name box
- 3 Word pages - (2 beginning sound flip pages and 1 full-page)
- Writing Practice Page (optional*)
Each page contains an illustration and a simple sentence so that kids can read the word in context.
Bonus! When you cut the flip pages, you will cut off a set of word and picture cards (no paper is wasted in this one) that can be used in a variety of ways.
- Match the word and pictures and glue on the back of a book
- Play a matching game
- Add to a word ring
- Add to a sensory table or bin
Kids can work on the following activities with the books:
- Color the black and white images
- Read the simple sentences and see the word in context
- Find and circle the focus word in the sentence
- Discuss beginning sounds as they turn the page, change the beginning sound, and create a new word.
- Discuss rhyming and create additional rhyming words
- Use the blending dots below each letter to work on blending and phoneme segmentation.
- Trace and write each word
The books are easy to assemble and print 4 books per set.